LifeSHAPE – GRATITUDE
About this Shape
Developing the habit of being grateful for all of God’s good gifts is good for the mind and for the soul!
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
How is My Life?
- What do I have to be grateful for in my spiritual life?
- What do I have to be grateful for in my working life?
- What do I have to be grateful for in my family and other relationships?
- What do I have to be grateful for in my possessions and circumstances?
The Grumbler’s Guide to Giving Thanks.
“Giving thanks is at the heart of a thriving faith in God . It’s not a bonus , like heated car seats. It’s not an optional spiritual rhythm we add on when life seems great. It’s a necessary, daily, central practice to maintain worship and trust in life’s ups and downs”.
This book examines the biblical foundations for thankfulness and traces how it can reshape every-day Christian living. It’s a straightforward read, and laced with practical suggestions about how to make ’Thanksgiving’ the posture for our lives as Christians.
Here’s the chapter headings to give you a flavour of the ground that is covered:
- Introduction : Confessions of a Recovering Pessimist
- Gratitude’s Blueprint
- A Theology of Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving : An Anchor through the Storm
- Recognize . Reflect . Receive .
- Look Around and Look Up
- Thankfulness Expressed
- Enjoy the Gift and Embrace the Giver
- Remembering : Looking Back to Look Forward
- Gritty Gratitude : Giving Thanks in All Circumstances